What is Procrastination?
Procrastination is the act of delaying or putting off tasks until the last minute, or past their deadline.
How to deal with procrastination?
1. Start your day by writing a short to-do-list.
This list shoud be -
Eg. 08 Oct
• Polity - Read President chapter
• Write 2 Mains Answer from https://www.upscprep.com/mains-daw/
• Read newspaper with notes
2. Manage your energy along with your time.
• Get 7/8 hours sleep
• Do the most important tasks when you have the most energy. Eg. If you feel most energetic in evening, study difficult subjects in evening
• Take enough breaks
3. Set deadlines.
Setting deadlines will motivate you to complete your targets. Eg. While starting new subject, decide in how many days you'll finish it.
Remember, your deadlines should be realistic. For that, know your reading speed, comprehension ability etc. first
4. Break down your tasks.
Nothing great is built overnight. Break your tasks into smaller goals.
Eg. You should prepare following plans
• Comprehensive plan till exam
• Break this plan in monthly tasks
• Break each months plan into weekly
• Break your week into daily goals!
5. Forgive yourself for procrastinating in the past.
Don't keep blaming yourself for wasting time in past, you can't change it! Rather promise yourself to not make the same mistakes again!
6. Build a momentum -
Just start reading or writing something. We often tend to spend a lot of time before starting.
Avoid it - build an inertia, take a book & start reading.
Seat with an intension to read just 2 lines, once you start, you'll automatically tend to continue!Previous Post