1. Which was the official language of administration in Mughal court?
Exp: The correct answer is Persian.
2. Sabha Mandapa is a part of which of these temples?
a) Virupaksha Temple
b) Lepakshi Temple
c) Kandariya Mahadev Temple
d) Modhera Sun Temple
Exp: The Sun Temple of Modhera is a Hindu temple dedicated to the solar deity Surya located at Modhera village of Mehsana district, Gujarat, India. It is situated on the bank of the river Pushpavati. It was built after 1026-27 CE during the reign of Bhima I of the Chaulukya dynasty.
3. Which of the following are correctly matched.
- Thaneshwar - Uttar Pradesh
- Suvarnagiri - Karnataka
- Girnar - Gujarat
a) 1 and 2 only
b) 2 and 3 only
c) 1 and 3 only
d) 1, 2 and 3
Exp: Thaneshwar (Thanesar) was the capital of Harshavardhana of Pushyabhuti Dynasty. It is currently located in Haryana. Hence first match is wrong. Suvarnagiri was the southern capital of Mauryan Empire. It is located in Karnataka, making second match correct. Girnar is famous for Ashokan Rock Edicts and Jain Temples. It is located in Gujarat, thus third match is correct.
4. Consider following statements regarding Ganas/Sanghas.
Each Gana had only one Raja.
Women actively participated in the meetings of Ganas.
Choose correct statement(s).
a) 1 only
b) 2 only
c) Both 1 and 2
d) Neither 1 nor 2
Exp: In a Gana, there were multiple rulers. Sometimes, even when thousands of men ruled together, each was known as a Raja. Hence, first statement is wrong. Women, Dasas and Kammakaras couldn’t participate in the meetings of Gana. Thus, second statement is also wrong.
5. Consider following statements regarding Megasthenes.
- He was an ambassador in the court of Chandragupta II.
- He was sent by the greek ruler Seleucus Nicator.
- He captured the beauty of Mauryan capital Pataliputra in his writings.
Choose the correct statement(s).
a) 1 and 3 only
b) 2 and 3 only
c) 1 only
d) 1, 2 and 3
Exp: Chandragupta II belonged to the Gupta Dynasty, not the Mauryan Dynasty. Megasthenes was an amabassador in the court of Chandragupta Maurya. Hence first statement is wrong.
6. In terms of utility for Mohan of Different objects A, B , C, D given below IF A < B, B < C and C > D, then which one of the following is always true?
a) A > D
b) A < C
c) B = D
d) B > D
Exp: From Given A< B < C
Also D < C
So Only Always true statement is A < C.
7. Rakesh and Rajesh together bought 10 rubber and 10 pencils. Rakesh spent 1300 and Rajesh spent 1500. If each pencil costs three times a rubber does, then what is the price of a pencil?
Exp: Let's assume the price of a rubber is "x". Then, the price of a pencil is 3x.
We know that Rakesh spent 1300 on rubbers and pencils and Rajesh spent 1500, so the total cost of the rubbers and pencils is 1300 + 1500 = 2800.
Since Rakesh and Rajesh bought 10 rubbers and 10 pencils in total, the cost of all the rubbers is 10 * x = 10x, and the cost of all the pencils is 10 * 3x = 30x.
So, the total cost of the rubbers and pencils is 10x + 30x = 40x = 2800.
By solving for x, we can find the price of a rubber:
x = 2800 / 40 = 70.
Therefore, the price of a pencil is 3 * 70 = 210.
Cover the entire CSAT syllabus in 70 hours.