1. Consider the following statements about Peat:
- It is the first stage of transformation from wood to coal.
- It contains more than 60 to 65 percent carbon.
- It contains a lot of moisture.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
a) 3 only
b) 2 only
c) 1 and 3 only
d) 1, 2 and 3
Exp: Statement 2 is incorrect: It contains less than 40 to 55 per cent carbon = more impurities.
2. Consider the following statements regarding the structure of the Human Eye:
- The Iris regulates and controls the amount of light entering the eye.
- The eye lens forms an inverted real image of the object on the retina.
- Light enters the eye through a thin membrane called the cornea.
Which of the following statements given above is/are correct?
a) 1 and 2 only
b) 2 and 3 only
c) 2 only
d) 1 2 and 3
Exp: Statement 1 is incorrect: The PUPIL regulates and controls the amount of light entering the eye.
3. Which one of the following statements best describes Y-3023 Dunagiri, seen in the news recently?
a) It’s a new species of fly, which was recently identified by researchers.
b) It’s a new variety of wheat developed by cross-breeding.
c) Its an indigenously developed Surface-to-Surface Missile Short-Range Ballistic Missile.
d) It’s a Project 17A frigate built by Garden Reach Shipbuilders Limited (GRSE)
Exp: Recently, the Defence Minister of India launched Y- 3023 Dunagiri, a Project 17A frigate built by Garden Reach Shipbuilders Limited (GRSE) in Kolkata.
4. Match the following correctly:
- Parasitic Nutrition a) Mushroom
- Saprophytic Nutrition b) Cassytha
- Symbiotic Nutrition c) Fungi and trees
Select the correct answer using the codes given below
a) 1-c, 2-b, 3-a
b) 1-a, 2-c, 3-b
c) 1-b, 2-a, 3-c
d) None of the above
Parasitic Nutrition: Some heterotrophic plants depend on other plants and animals for nutrition. Such plants are known as parasitic plants. However, the host has not benefited from the parasite. For eg., Cuscuta, Cassytha
Saprophytic Nutrition: The saprophytic plants derive nutrition from dead and decaying plants and animals. They dissolve the dead and decaying matter by secreting digestive juices and absorb the nutrients. For eg., mushrooms, molds.
Symbiotic Nutrition: When two different plants belonging to two different categories show a close association, they are termed as symbiotic. In this, both the plants are benefitted from each other. For eg., the association of fungi and trees.
5. Consider the following statements regarding Starlink:
- It is a product of Space-X which provides satellite based internet connectivity.
- It has potential to provide faster speed than a 5G network.
- For domestic use, it is cheaper compared to optical fibre connectivity.
Which of the following statements is/are correct:
a) 1 only
b) 1 and 3 only
c) 1 and 2 only
d) 2 and 3 only
Exp: Both statements 1 and 2 are correct. Starlink is a satellite-based internet service provided by SpaceX, and it has the potential to offer faster internet speeds than 5G networks.
However, statement 3 is incorrect, as Starlink is currently more expensive than traditional fiber-optic internet connectivity for domestic use.
Directions for the following 2 (two) items:
Consider the information given below and answer the items that follow.
P, Q, R, S, T and U are sitting in a circle facing the centre. P is facing S, while Q is sitting second to the right- hand side of P. R is sitting between P and Q and Uis sitting between T and P.
6. Who is sitting opposite to T?
7. How many people are sitting between P and S?
Exp: 2 Person are sitting between P and S.
Cover the entire CSAT syllabus in 70 hours.