The Hornbill Festival
It is a remarkable story of conservation of the bird after which it is named. Today, the Naga people are at the forefront of ensuring the safety of hornbill nests. It is an amazing example of how hunters can turn protectors.
Prof. Wangari Maathai
- Introduced the idea of planting trees with the people
- Through the Green Belt Movement she has assisted women in planting more than 20 million trees on their farms and on schools and church compounds.
- Holy compost in temples at Bengaluru. Leaf decomposters to process flower waste
- Project Tsang-da aimed at sustainable waste management in rural areas of Leh
- Norwegian Embassy in Delhi - equipped with eco-friendly technology and techniques — first green embassy in India
- “We have not inherited this earth from our forefathers; we have borrowed it from our children”.
- "We are the first generation to get impacted by climate change, and last who can do something about it" (Barack Obama, Paris COP)
Note: We will keep updating these examples.Previous Post