1. Which one among the following political associations was formed the earliest?
a. The East India Association
b. The Bengal British India Society
c. The Indian League
d. The Indian National Congress
- The Bengal British India Society was created in 1843 with the goal of gathering and disseminating information about the current state of British India's people.
- Dadabhai Naoroji founded the East India Association in London in 1866 to examine the Indian subject and encourage governmental officials in England to promote Indian welfare.
- Sisir Kumar Ghosh founded the Indian League in 1875 with the goal of "raising the sentiment of nationalism among the masses" and fostering political education.
- In 1885, the Indian National Congress was founded.
2. Consider the following statements regarding the ‘Theosophical Society’:
- It was founded in Ireland by Annie Besant in the year 1875.
- It believed in the transmigration of soul and occult mysticism.
Which of the statements given above is/are incorrect?
a. 1 only
b. 2 only
c. Both 1 and 2
d. Neither 1 nor 2
- Statement 1 is incorrect: The Theosophical Society was founded in the United States by Madam H.P Blavatsky and Colonel H.S Olcott, who later came to India and founded the headquarters of the society at Adyar near madras in 1886.
- Theosophist movement grew in India as a result of the leadership given to it by Annie Besant who had come to India in 1893.
- They recognized the doctrine of the transmigration of the soul. They also preached the universal brotherhood of man. So, statement 2 is correct.
3. Consider following pairs of newspaper and publishers
- Swadesmitran – G. Subramaniya Iyer
- Voice of India – Gopal Krishna Gokhale
- Nation – Dada Bhai Naoroji
- Kesari – Lokmanya Tilak
How many of the above pairs are correctly matched.
a. Only one pair is correct
b. Two pairs are correct
c. Three pairs are correct
d. Four Pairs are correct
Pair 1 and 4 are correct.
- Voice of India was published by Dada Bhai Naoroji while Nation was published by Gopal Krishna Gokhale.
- G. Subramaniya Iyer published Swadesmitran and The Hindu as well.
- Lokmanya Tilak published Kesari (Marathi) and Marhata (English).
4. Which of the following statements correctly explains the impact of the Industrial Revolution on India during the first half of the nineteenth century?
a. Indian handicrafts were ruined
b. Machines were introduced in the Indian textile industry in large numbers.
c. Railway lines were laid in many parts of the country.
d. Heavy duties were imposed on the imports of British manufactures.
5. Identify the Indian freedom fighter from following passage:
He began to protest British rule in India while still a youth and soon fought for national independence. He also worked as a writer and editor in Amritsar for Punjabi- and Urdu-language newspapers espousing Marxist theories. He is credited with popularizing the catchphrase “Inquilab zindabad”
b. Bhagat Singh
c. Pt. Nehru
d. Chandrashekar Azad
6. The State of Agriculture Commodity Markets 2020 report underlines that we need to rely on markets as an integral part of the global food system. This is all the more important in the face of major disruptions, whether they come from health crises, locust outbreaks or climate change impacts. Well-functioning markets are key for development and economic growth. International trade can be a powerful instrument, and markets can be harnessed to foster sustainable economic, social and environmental outcomes.
Q. Which of the following statements best reflects the critical message of the passage?
a. Developing countries and emerging economies are increasingly participating in global markets.
b. Global value chains have emerged rapidly and are widespread in food and agriculture.
c. Higher trade barriers can promote global value chains and contribute to growth in agriculture and the food industry.
d. Agricultural and food markets can be harnessed to deliver sustainable development outcomes.
Option D is correct: The first line of the passage, “The State of Agriculture Commodity Markets 2020 report underlines that we need to rely on markets as an integral part of the global food system” and the last line of the passage, “International trade can be a powerful instrument, and markets can be harnessed to foster sustainable economic, social and environmental outcomes” gives us the overall message that agricultural markets can be harnessed to deliver sustainable development outcomes.
7. In a certain code language 'MATHEMATICS' is written as 'LBSIDNZUHDR'. How is 'CHEMISTRY' written in that code language?
The pattern followed here is:
- For the letters in odd places (1st,3rd.5th.7th.9th,11th)- Positional value of the letter - 1
- For the letters in even places (2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th) Positional value of the letter + 1
Get best course for CSAT