International Solar Alliance (ISA) is conceived as a coalition of solar resource rich countries to address their special energy needs and will provide a platform to collaborate on addressing the identified gaps through a common, agreed approach.
- It is an Indian initiative that was launched by the PM of India and the President of France in 2015 in Paris, on the side-lines of the COP-21, with 121 solar resource-rich countries lying fully or partially between the tropic of Cancer and tropic of Capricorn as prospective members (sunshine countries).
- HQ- Gurugram
- dedicated to the promotion of solar energy
- ISA brings together countries with rich solar potential to aggregate global demand, thereby reducing prices through bulk purchase, facilitating the deployment of existing solar technologies at scale, and promoting collaborative solar R&D and capacity building.
- In the wake of the global pandemic, ISA responded by setting up ISA CARES (like PM-CARES in India), an initiative dedicated to the deployment of solar energy in the healthcare sector.
- The initiative aims to solarize one primary health Center in each district of the target member countries
- “One Sun, One World, One Grid” Initiative to harness the power of interconnected grids for enabling energy transition to a low-carbon world.
- Solar Risk Mitigation Initiative (SRMI)
- The first project under the SRMI is being launched in Mozambique with the support of France and the European Union (EU).
- Solar awards—
- The Visvesvaraya award recognises the countries with a maximum floating solar capacity in each of the four regions of ISA
- The Kalpana Chawla award for outstanding contribution of scientists and engineers working in the field of solar energy.
- The Diwakar award recognises organisations and institutions that have been working for the benefit of differently-abled people and have maximised the use of solar energy in the host country.
We are starting our Prelims 360 course on 16th Jan
- GS 360 - Complete coverage cum revision of GS Prelims subjects
- CSAT 360 - Complete coverage cum revision of CSAT for Prelims
- Prelims Test Series - GS (16 tests ) + CSAT (5 tests)
- Current affairs coverage through weekly sessions
- One to one mentorship
- Weekly doubts day access!
- Daily Practice Questions (DPQs) based on the lecture taught.
Check out the course